The Miracle Mantra of Guru Ram Das
GURU GURU WAHE GURU GURU RAM DAS GURU
THIS MANTRA is a beautiful cosmic cycle, that gives you the power to open “the lock”. It is an Ashtang Mantra, meaning that it has 8 parts. The first part – the first 4 words – Guru Guru Wahe Guru, project your own finite essence out to the universe, and 2nd part brings the Infinite energy and wisdom of the universe to you.
“Gu” means darkness and “Ru” means the light, Guru is the one which takes us from darkness to light.
"Wa-He Gu-ru" The meaning of the word vāhigurū (usually spelled in English as Waheguru) is traditionally explained as vāh "wondrous!", and guru "teacher, spiritual guide, God" which taken together are said to carry the meaning, "Wondrous Lord".
"Ram" means Fire, heat; love; speed. Represents the masculine energy of the Universe
"Das" means servant, devotee. "Das" may be inferred to be one who has surrendered to God. Represents the feminine energy of the Universe.
This chant is also designed to heal and activate chakras and is used in Kundalini Yoga Meditation Practice. Each part of this mantra resonates with our 7 chakras.
GURU — 1st chakra, base of spine
GURU — 2nd chakra, sex organ, abdomen
WAHE (hay) — 3rd chakra, navel
GURU — 4th chakra, heart
GURU — 5th chakra, throat
RAM DAS — 6th chakra, third eye
GURU — 7th chakra, top of head
As you meditate with this mantra, feel your own body and soul, your whole self, become part of that infinite energy, that cosmic wisdom….
BENEFITS OF CHANTING MANTRA
“Whosoever in this Machine Age will meditate on and recite the Mantra which will glorify the Lord, and have, eight vibrations, will open the lock of ignorance and darkness. This will liberate that being, and unite him with the Divine.”
Yogi Bhajan Master of Kundalini Yoga, 8th April 1971
1. Chanting this mantra gently opens the heart centre and give the power of forgiveness. It is also called Mantra for forgiveness.
2. Through chanting this mantra we can able to activates all the seven chakras and fills all chakras with healing energy.
3. It raises our energy field to the vibration of Love and embody ourselves with divine healing vibrations.
4. Due to its Healing, Forgiveness and Compassion effect, it is also called Miracle Mantra.
5. By chanting this sacred mantra we embody divine healing vibrations and raise our energy field to the vibration of Love.
6. It carry us through the darkest times and bring healing of the mind, body and spirit.